It’s confession time. I’ve had a hard time focusing today, a really hard time focusing. Chalk it up to any of the following:
- It’s Monday
- I’m a remote worker
- I’ve got the flu
- I can’t stop thinking about the implications of Marissa Mayer‘s policy to stop remote work
- My neck hurts from all the shaking in disbelief
I get why people, managers especially, have a hard time with virtual work for reasons that have been cited many times:
- Out of site, out of mind
But people, this is 2013…times have changed! If an international multi-billion dollar internet software company can’t figure out how to manage its team using the internet…well, (head shaking again).
I’ve got a solution for you, Melissa Mayer. It’s called Flipside Workspace. It will achieve all those things: accountability, creativity, presence, focus, and trust with your virtual workforce. And it’s f-in’ awesome.
There I’ve said it. Back to productivity, I’ll be in my Flipside Workspace office if you need me.
- Richard Branson Says That Marissa Mayer Got It Wrong About Remote Employees (businessinsider.com)
- Silicon Alley Insider: Why Marissa Mayer Told Remote Employees To Work In An Office … Or Quit (YHOO) (businessinsider.com)
- Ex-Yahoos Confess: Marissa Mayer Is Right To Ban Working From Home (YHOO) (businessinsider.com)
- Mayer: Yahoos can no longer work from home (money.cnn.com)