Being consistently productive in an alternative workstyle takes time and discipline. Interestingly, most of us who decide to work on our own think an alternative workstyle will give us the freedom we need that working in a traditional office setting couldn’t possibly provide.
Summertime is prime-time for many of us to switch to our alternative workstyle mode. To help kick-start the transition I have put together a list of my top 5 tips that have helped me be more disciplined and productive in my alternative workstyle:
- Embrace your “stuff”
- Work within your own unique work rhythm
- Learn to say “no”
- Find a support network
- Get the right tools and systems
This week I’m going to focus on one tip each day. Come back tomorrow and learn what it means to “Embrace Your Stuff”. You can also click the “Follow” button on the right to get these tips delivered to your email!
- Working in an Alternative Workstyle (alternativeworkstyle.com)
- How I use Flipside Workspace to Manage My Alternative Workstyle (alternativeworkstyle.com)
- 5 Biggest Challenges Working in an Alternative Workstyle (alternativeworkstyle.com)